It descries how the TACC looks after and uses any information it gathers from visitors to its website. It also describes the privacy rights of those it holds information on.
TACC is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for Data Protection as defined by GDPR.
Collection of Data
The TACC is only allowed to collect personal information for proper and lawful reasons. The lawful reason for collecting data is that you consent to us holding your data for the purposes of arranging your attendance at conference and for communicating with you about conference.
At every stage of relationship with you, your information will only be processed if it meets at least one of the following conditions.
- To fulfil the TACC’s obligations under its constitution
- To ensure the TACC complies with any code of practice it develops
- When it is the TACC’s legal duty to collect, store, use or transfer information in order to comply with legislation or the instructions of a court of law
- To monitor the effectiveness of the TACC website
- To market events and gather feedback about the TACC’s activities
- To enable financial transactions between the TACC, users and organisations that TACC enters into any contract with.
How information is collected
- From delegates during booking and payment transactions
- From communication via email, SMS, letter or telephone call
- From website visitors via cookies
- From responses to surveys, questionnaires, event attendance and online signup forms
Types of Information Held
Personally Identifiable Information the TACC holds-
- Delegate information such as name, contact Information, Dietary preferences and event attendance
- Information about event attendees and speakers
- Communication Information from letters, emails, texts, and phonecalls.
- Information about financial transactions between the TACC and delegates.
Third Parties that process data from TACC website
You may use third party software and services such as email, telephone service providers to contact us and may use PayPal to purchase conference tickets. The information you provide as part of these services is covered by Privacy Policies of the third party providers.
TACC will not process, aggregate or disseminate any data you have supplied to any organisation other than those providing services to enable the purposes of communicating with you, processing payments and handling your booking. The exception to this would be if the TACC was so instructed by a court of law.
Storage of your personal data
Your data is stored
- digitally in a database secured on our website.
- digitally on Mailchimp
- digitally on Paypal
- on paper for administration of attendance on conference days
- digitally in spreadsheets for administration of attendance
Your rights with regard to your personal information.
- The right to be informed.
- This notice informs you of the information the TACC collect.
- The right of access.
- You may ask to view the record the TACC hold on you at any time
- The right to rectification
- the TACC will correct any factual inaccuracies you report
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to have your records permanently deleted
- The right to restrict processing
- Your data is not processed for any purpose other than to administer your payment and attendance at conference. Restricting processing will make your booking and attendance difficult.
- The right to data portability
- You can ask for the record to be transferred to another organisation.
- The right to object
- By booking a place at conference or contacting TACC about conference you consent to the TACC holding the information outlined above. If you have any objection to the TACC holding this data or a specific part of the data you are not obliged to book a place at conference.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- No automated decision making occurs and you are not profiled.
For further information please contact the TACC via the Contact Page above.